5 Days in the Island of God



This annual event is the most awaited and exciting in SMAN 3 Bandung for me. A five-day trip to Bali! It's like finally breathing after being drowned in heaps of books and exams for the students and also teachers. The hype and the buzz for this event is starting even one month before the actual day. My friends and I also started talking and planning for Bali months before it. I won't tell all of the sequence of this, but only the highlighted ones.

Sunday, 17th March 2019. The day, finally! The guide book told us to be at the airport at 9 a.m. So, me being me followed it although my parents told me not to rush it. After arrived at the airport, I got the ticket and was surprised to see that the boarding was at 11 a.m. Wow, then. While waiting for the boarding, I ate, of course. One portion of Mcd and two breads. :) 11 a.m. came and we rushed to get inside just to wait again. Guess what? A delay, not surprised but still disappointed. Around half 1, I guess, we finally can get on the plane.

The next highlighted event is Jimbaran. Jimbaran is one of the famous place to eat because of it's at the beach! We came there with empty stomach and imaginations about seafoods. We sat on a long table with our class. We sat idly with conversations floating in the air and the peanuts snack was floating too, blame the bored ones. When the servers finally placed rice and some seasoned kale we cheered. One spoon then drip drip, Bali's rain came to greet us. What's once a rice became a porridge, oh well.

All of the students rushed to the inside. It's packed and it's hot, some of the continued to eat the sudden porridge saying that they were too hungry to care. The one who didn't get to eat (my friends and I) got takeouts. We decided to eat in my hotel room, which is not a really good idea. My room smelled like fish for the rest of my stay.

On the third day, we went to a traditional village, Panglipuran village. The tour guide said that this village is the cleanest village and I guess it's true, there's no litter. The atmosphere there is cool. A lot of locals turned their house to a shop, they sold paintings, souvenirs,and also foods.

It's either Bali's weather hates us or the rain just loves us, it rains again. It's not just a mere drip drip and done, it's pouring. My class separated into a few of groups, my group is a bit unlucky, we got stuck in a locals yard. But thankfully they sold crepes. About an hour or so we're stuck in the rain and somehow when we finally got umbrellas, the rain stopped. :)

The last event that I'm going to tell you is on the fifth day. It's the day where we are going home. Somehow, to kill the time while waiting for our train at four, the school decided that we crossed the Suramadu Bridge just to go back again. While at Madura, there are a lot of seller selling their goods. Their main point is their chips and bracelet. Let me tell you, they are brutal. They won't leave you until you buy some of their goods. It's a bit scary for me, so I acted like I'm asleep. Problem solved.

Although there are a lot of misfortunes, it's making the trip unforgettable. Tanned and happy with a bunch of new memories is how how I felt after this trip. I hope you enjoyed reading some of my stories!

Komentar

Postingan Populer